Specialising in education recruitment since 1873, Gabbitas Education has an exceptional reputation for recruiting the best school leadership professionals and senior managers for independent schools, colleges, universities and international schools.
We have placed many key names in British history into British schools (including the likes of HG Wells, Edward Elgar, Graham Greene and Evelyn Waugh) and, more recently, have taken our expertise overseas. To date we have placed education professionals in over 40 countries worldwide.
Finding the perfect candidate for your school can be a daunting and time-consuming task. If you have teaching vacancies at your school, college or university, we can help. Our recruitment team offer an exceptional service to both schools and teachers, using our knowledge and expertise to match the right candidate to the right school.
Recruiting with Gabbitas Education provides:
- Access to our extensive database of educational professionals.
- Consultants with outstanding expertise worldwide.
- Access to our offices for interviewing candidates in London, Dubai and China.
- Clarification of the brief, including job description and person specification.
- Preparation and placement of all advertisements.
- Networking and targeted headhunt, as appropriate.
- Screening interview of candidates and psychometric testing where required.
- Written summary reports of candidates for the selection panel.
- Attendance at selection panel meeting to offer guidance on long list candidates.
- Attendance at long list interviews, if required.
- Attendance as an independent observer at final panel interview, if required.
- Debriefing and feedback to candidates.
- Visa support for successful candidate and legalisation of any documentation.
- Any other support required by your Board and staff.
Haileybury School Case Study
Haileybury UK recently instructed Gabbitas Education to assist in the recruitment of a new Headteacher for Haileybury Astana. The process included drawing up a detailed information pack, designing the job advertisement and writing the copy, utilising the TES online job portal and Gabbitas Education website to promote the role, and to run an online campaign for four weeks.
Our Recruitment Team established a rapport with Haileybury UK via Kathryn Walsh, the Overseas Contract Manager, who was facilitating the interview process at Haileybury UK and Haileybury Kazakhstan. After several shortlisting processes, Jonathan Ullmer MBE and 3 other candidates were flown out to Astana to participate in face-to-face interviews with the Haileybury UK Board of Governors and our Executive Search Consultant. Jonathan was successfully placed as Headteacher and commented, “I have appreciated the contact and support from Sharon and the team at Gabbitas where issues were picked up and dealt with and led to a successful appointment.”
Gabbitas Education is renowned for our commitment to each client and delivering an outstanding service, which led Kathryn from Haileybury UK to say, “Sharon was available to me at all times if there was a query and was always professional. This extended to contacting me out of UK time during a visit to Kazakhstan when I had an urgent concern and also being available at weekends and out of office hours. “